Monday 30 March 2009

Why I am glad to be leaving my job

I have been signed off sick from work with depression and stress since November last year. It was patchwork and quilting as well as my friends from City and Guilds that helped me to recover. However once I started to feel better I also realised that I had to do something to fulfil my ambition to be a full time artist. I have applied to a number of colleges to do a fine art degree and on 2 March I resigned from my job. I have to give 3 months notice. Having sent in my letter I sat back and waited for a response from our HR department confirming my last day, annual leave and expenses payment etc as well as requesting me to return things like phone, blackberry and company credit card. For 4 weeks there was silence and then, on Friday I received my P45 in the post backdated to 27 February!!!!! Isn't it good to feel valued? Oh yes that reminds me - here are 3 of my ex employers 6 core values:
  • Teamwork - We work together in
    dynamic teams and partnerships.
  • Diversity - We value people for who
    they are and their contributions.
  • Integrity - We build trust by acting with
    honesty, openness and fairness

They all feel kind of hollow right now. I am still trying to decide whether or not to go to an employment tribunal for unfair and wrongful dismissal but struggling really as back to feeling very stressed and depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment